Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Thoughts On Rosacea-Ltd

I have received dozens of email messages asking me what my thoughts are of Rosacea LTD Disks.

Well first of all, Ralph Bass (CEO) and I have spoken with each other many times over the past year. I personally think that he is a great guy. He sincerely wants to help. I know that he has spent countless hours on the telephone with customers trying to console them -- he's got a big heart. I applaud him for that.

But more importantly, what about the product. Well, without sounding like an advertisement -- I like his product and have had success with it.

This is why I like it:
1. It does have a mild anti-inflammatory action. This is probably due to the zinc oxide content.

2. I like the sulfur. Sulfur is one of the best tolerated topical anti-acne medications for rosacea skin. It has a much greater action on papules and pustules then the metrotwins. In addition, it is indicated for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. So you may be knocking out two birds with one stone. Furthermore, the disks sulfur concentration of 1.5% is a great starting dose. People usually respond beautifully to 0.5 to 2% sulfur -- without irritation. However, at higher concentrations (like 5-10%), sulfur may actually cause facial vasodilation (just like Linda Sy said 'sometimes too much of a good thing is not so good').

3. There are no alcohols or preservatives! However, I want to stress that every person that uses the disk should find some way to moisturize his or her skin -- it may be a little drying at first. I also want to stress that people should not rub the disk against the face --our face does not appreciate friction. Furthermore, you should only dab it against the facial skin for a second -- You should almost not be able to tell that you applied it (it does not take much because it is concentrated).

Lastly, he honors any return of the merchandise -- so you really can't lose. I like it. He also wants to teach the patient about rosacea and has recently asked me to give him some general 'tips for beating rosacea' for his WEB page. I told him that I would gather some information and send it his way as soon as I can.

Hope this helps, Geoffrey

========Dr. Geoffrey Nase